RK Umformtechnik machine concept is
based on further development and for
decades of experience within fabrication
from special metal-cutting machines for
PCD and carbide metal. All components
and assemblies have the predicate
"made in Germany" and it is made by us.
Individual convenience and modifications
are realizable at any time.
Fully automatic cone polishing machine AKM-1
The fully automatic cone polishing machine AKM-1 is used for
machining round tungsten carbide drawing dies within the
small diameter range from 0.12 to 2.00 mm.
It is used for processing of the drawing angle of new and
used drawing dies. This machine also serves for reproces-sing
dies according to the meeting point method. Further it is
possible to provide a mirror die finish.
Using special polishing needles, in a hardened execution, one
can polish even up to 30 dies.
Fully automatic bearing calibrating unit AZM-1
The fully automatic bearing calibration machine AZM-1 has been designed for machining drawing dies within the small diameter range from 0.12 to 2.00 mm.The following usages are possible:
●for producing of the cylindrical channel
into the drawing die
●true-to-size calibration of a final diameter
●high-gloss finishing of the bearing
Under ideal operating conditions, a tolerance up to 0.001 mm is possible.
Bearing calibration machine for TC drawing dies AZM-2
The AZM-2 machine has been designed for working tungsten carbide drawing dies in the size range of between 0.5 – 8.0 mm diameter.
The calibration is effected using special calibration-pins, covered with suitable diamond suspension, which are clamped in suitable chucks/collets.
Easiest handling and a rigid, efficient construction ensure to get a maximum return of investment.
Although the machine has been designed to be of low-maintenance, the special construction allows an ideal accessibility to all the individual components.
Allround-machine for working and reworking TC drawing dies HPM-1
An outstanding feature of the HPM-1 is the possibility for a simultaneous processing of the die-drawing cone and the cylindrical bearing, in one chucked position and by means of an overhanging movable and maintenance-free work spindle (rotary speed: approx. 24000 rpm).
● working area: 0.5 – 20.0 mm
● complete working of the drawing die in one setting/chucked position.
● capability: grinding and polishing
● power supply: 400 V
● max. casing diameter ~ 3 inch/80 mm
● clamping collet located inside the spindle head
● PLC control S7 1200 with touch-screen
● with two manufacturing programs available
● automatic determination of the starting point
● equipped with dust cover and noise protection
Wire Polishing Machine for diamond / polycristalline diamond drawing dies
WP-1, WP-2, WP-3
The WP-1 Wire Polishing Machine was developed for polishing natural or polycrystalline diamond drawing dies with a dia-meter range from 0.03 to 2.20 mm. Our long-lasting experience, which has been introduced into this machine, makes it to one of the best conception of its kind, now available on the world market.
According to existing demand, there is a possibility towork with one, two or three spindles/workstations.
This machine offers the following features:
● Compact and robust design
● Easy to operate and very user-friendly
● Very low-maintenance requirements
● Pivoting of the work table in order to round off the edges perfectly (pivoted between 0° to 40°)
● Die-rotation speed: from 0 to 1000 rev/min infinitely variable
● Stroke length 80 mm at a speed of 0 to 800 strokes per minute
● High weight to minimize a swing-even during simultaneous operation of all three spindles.
● Optionally available with stroke counter
● spindles disengageable individually
Wire polishing machine for larger diameters WP-1S
To ensure the top quality of round die-tools, all the positive properties of the WP-1 were also taken over in the larger WP-1S model. In addition, the machine was even made more rigid
and more powerful, for allowing the mirror polishing and remanufactu-ring of diamond drawing dies and particularly polycrystalline dies in the larger size range from 0.50 mm to 8.00 mm diameter.
● working range: 0.50 – 8.00 mm
● work table can swivel and is lockable 0° to 40°
● the machine works up to 350 strokes per minute
● die-turntable speed: max up to 1000 rpm
● usable casing diameters: from 25 - 43 mm,
as an optional design, also up to ø 53 mm
● exact adjustment of the polishing time in seconds
Manually ultrasonic machine for PCD & natural diamond dies UKM-2
The UKM-2 was designed for processing all conical areas within the range of diameters from 0.1 to 8.0 mm. Latest generator-technology enables operations at the actually highest level. When designing this unit, we attribute great value to the importance of an easy handling, keeping an
easy access to maintenance and a maximum stability in mind. The clamped needle can be reshaped on an integrated bench grinding machine.
Fully automatic ultrasonic machine for PCD & natural diamond dies UKM-3
The UKM-3, the most advanced stage of completion from the UKM-2, is also used for working of all conical areas for PCD- and natural diamond dies in a diameter range from 0.1 to 8.0 mm.
The drawing die will guided automatically towards the drill needle, while in addition, the machine also takes over the regrinding of the drill needle. Latest technology generators ensure a handling at the highest level.
Hand polishing unit for mirror finish or cleaning drawing dies RK-3
Hand polishing unit for mirror finishing respectively cleaning of tc drawing dies.
● clamping range up to 250 mm
● 3step motor with 700 / 1400 / 2800 rpm
● n the standard version available with a 3jaw chuck of either 100 or 160 mm
● power supply required : 400 V
● max. power 2.4 kw
● electromechanical breaking-system
● 3jaw chuck for 200 mm, 250 mm and 315 mm
● collet chuck instead of the 3jaw chuck
● 4jaw chuck instead of the 3jaw chuck
● area specific power supply
Universal grinding machine IRG-1
The universal grinding machine IRG-1 has been developed for the production and reconditioning of tungsten carbide dies, in the size range from 3 -100 mm.
Using this machine, a low-cost processing of dies is ensured because the cylindrical and conical die-sections can be worked in one step. It allows a batch production with high precision.
● three-jaw chuck 125 mm
● electric High frequency spindle
● 6 mm collet chuck for grinding pins
● rotary speed frequencies infinitely variable
● There is an automatic end-stop provided, when reaching the final diameter.
● angle-adjustment: up to 90°
● apsuled, rigid machine housing
● abrasive dust collection system
(working through the HF-spindle).
● optional: collets in the Ø-range of 3 mm - 6 mm
Needle grinder RK-5
The machine RK-5 is used for production and reworking tapered needles. Chucking capacity of
the needles is between 2 - 12 mm. The tips of the needles can be worked in an angular range of 0° to 45°. The tapered needles are held by precision collets.
● dust extraction
Automatic ultrasonic die-tool cleaning device USR-2
The first step prior to any die processing, is to clean the drawing die-tools from dirt and residues.
During these operations and thereafter, it is also necessary to clean the tools from abrasive materials. For this processing, our drawing die cleaning unit USR-2 will assist you.
● The magazine provided, takes up to 15 drawing dies with casing-diameters of 25 mm or 28 mm.
● Cleaning is effected by two ultrasonic probes with thedies being inserted into a tank with preheated cleaning liquide. (capacity: 40 litres)
● Cleaning intervall can get individually adjusted.
● The unit is equipped with a drying chamber.